What does UX mean to us?
- In the context of a start-up company where resources are limited in terms of capital, people, and time, a perfect solution is not enough to make a product successful if we're not solving the right problem. The UX process is a lens for us to look at the problem from the user's point of view. User insights are essential to point our team in the right direction.
Why is it great to work with the PeerPower product team?
- At PeerPower, you'll be solving problems alongside Engineer, Product Manager, Business Analyst, Marketing, Operations, and the rest of the team. If you want to discover other potential in you, this is the place for you.
- We don't like things that don't have an origin. Does not like to guess the cause of the problem. So before we do anything, we will try to find information about the problem and set clear goals. If you ever have to do something that doesn't make sense just because your client or CEO wants you to, it won't happen here. But on the other hand, you will be the one to tell us “why do we need to do this?”
What will you do at PeerPower?
- Support the Senior Product Design and other key stakeholders in driving the design direction for the Product
- Be instrumental in improving the efficiency of the Product Design, and in ensuring your team maintains its high business impact
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability and delight into the user experience as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Create exemplary prototypes and experiences, both alone and with other designers and key stakeholders, while balancing user needs, constraints of technology, brand values, and KPIs
- Provide your UX expertise and collaborate closely with our operation team in discovering user pain points and problems, and solve them using all available UX methodologies and tools
- Be actively conducting and involved in the company's user research or self-initiated user research
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of product design or UX/UI experience
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end process
- Strong verbal and visual communication skill
- Curiosity and desire to represent the voice of our customers
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management and engineering to develop and implement effective design practices
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, and iteration with a data-centric approach to testing ideas
- Can hold your own in a meeting and present with a customer-centric POV
- Are self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Nice to have:
- A degree in Industrial Design, Human-Centered Design, Computer Science, Human Factors or a related discipline
- Financial services and/or payment services experience