PeerPower creates better financial outcomes for business owners and investors. Enabled by technology, we make private capital markets accessible via our crowdfunding platform and supply chain finance capabilities.
As the VP of Engineering, you will drive our technology roadmap as we disrupt B2B financial services in Thailand and the region. You understand the trade-offs across technical approaches, you are rigorous and practical to scale products, programs and practices as we grow and expand.
What you will do
- Connect engineering vision and goals to the company’s vision and business objectives and ensure that the daily and medium-term operations of the engineering team are effective and efficient.
- Create and apply engineering-specific development expectations; use these to provide regular feedback.
- Lead and make cross-platform architectural decisions which are well positioned for scaling.
- Make appropriate trade-offs between build-fast and build-reliably, i.e., taking informed decisions to take on tech debt in order to build-fast, while ensuring system reliability and performance.
- Achieve results and hold teams accountable to deliver on their own goals.
- Play a leadership role in developing, mentoring and maintaining software engineering retention, recruitment and training in agile delivery models.
- Measure performance, efficiency and effectiveness of the team, be able to identify problems of processes and improve it to the next level.
- Build great engineering culture and coding experiences
What experiences you ideally have
- Experience growing and scaling software teams, both front-end, back-end and mobile.
- 6+ years of experience leading/managing cross-functional development teams.
- Having a deep understanding of technology background, like to solve hard technical problems at scale and be able to collaborate with many teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup environment.
- Experience in building teams, hiring, coaching, and motivating staff through learning and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
If you enjoy building something that has the potential to grow and outlast you, if you believe that a group of dedicated individuals can positively impact the world and challenge the status quo, this is the place for you. This role is located in either of our offices in Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur.